There are a variety of options to create stunning looks for your packaging:
- A clear ink used for added protection or to give a high gloss finish.
- Available in matt, gloss or satin (a mix of the two) finishes.
raised screen (high build) varnish:
- A special varnish that creates a textured or high-build finish to highlight specific areas on the packaging.
- Used extensively for food, wine & cosmetics to create a high-end finish.
- Clear plastic film applied onto the surface of the stock for added protection and better presentation of a high gloss or stylish matt finish.
- Available in Matt or Gloss finishes.
- Lamination can be applied to the front and back surfaces of cartons for aesthetic appeal or to create more rigidity in the carton design.
foiling (or hot-stamping):
- Foiling or ‘hot foil stamping’ is the process of applying a metallic foil finish to a carton.
- Popular for creating highlights and premium metallic finishes.
- Available in a range of colours including gold, silver & bronze.
- Colours and holographic patterns available for specialty finishes.
embossing (or de-bossing):
- Technique for creating texture or a 3D raised (or lowered) finish.
- Achieved by pressing the stock onto an embossing block or plate.
- This dimensional feel is popular with insignias, logos and text.